Trane XL20i High Efficiency Air Conditioner Review
I won't repeat their own tagline... but when it comes to Super Efficiency and High Quality, well, Trane is hoping that nothing else can compare! The reality of finding a 20+ seer air conditioner is no longer a myth and Trane hopes the XL21i Air Conditioner will bring buyers in droves!
Trane XL21i Air Conditioner Review
The XL20I Air Conditioner is available in four different sizes, 2 ton, 3 ton, 4 ton, and 5 ton. In order to achieve anything close to the manufacturer SEER ratings, they must be matched with a variable speed indoor air handler or variable speed Trane gas or oil furnaces. If your installation requires a gas or oil furnace, you must also have the matching coil per the manufacturer recommendation, or the efficiency is not guaranteed. In other words, like any other high efficiency system, all components must be matched!
Trane XL20i Features
The XL20i’s SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) rating of up to 20 SEER is among the highest energy efficiency rating of any air conditioner available today. The XL20i has two compressors: one for milder weather and a second larger compressor for those extremely hot days. It’s like having two units in one.
ComfortLink II Communicating Capability
When matched with other communicating components, the ComfortLinkII connects all of your key components so your system automatically charges, configures and calibrates for optimal performance and efficiency through the lifetime of your products. When the optional Telephone Access Module (TAM) is added, you can conveniently adjust settings and receive system updates wherever you are by phone.
Economical, Quiet, Durable and Cleaner
- Increased efficiency may substantially lower your home cooling costs.
- Multi-stage fan motor adjusts speed to quietly provide maximum comfort.
- Materials for all components are tested again and again for long-lasting performance and durability.
- Add Trane CleanEffects to your system for advanced air filtration that removes more dust, pollen and other irritants from your conditioned air for a cleaner, healthier, more comfortable home. And Trane CleanEffects is now proven to remove more than 99% of the common flu virus from your home’s filtered air.
Read the detailed technical specs at the Trane site
Trane XL20i Cost Estimates
To have a general XL20i cost estimate before you go about pricing one of your own locally, I can tell you that here in the Charlotte NC area, a 3 Ton XL20i would cost between $8500-$12,000, including the variable speed gas furnace, matching Trane coil, thermostat and installation in a utility closet. Some of the things that affect that estimate the most:
- Location of the Unit - an Attic or crawlspace with limited room, could add to the cost.
- Ductwork - If rebuilding of the duct, replacement of duct, or overall duct sealing is needed, it may add.
- Clean Effects air cleaner - if you want to go with a clean air solution, plan to pay a bit more.
- Size - 2-3 ton units are generally about the same price, but if you need a 4-5 ton unit, you can expect a slightly higher premium, as well as quite a bit larger footprint for the unit itself.
Trane XL20i Rebates
The cost estimate above does NOT take into account both Trane rebates and energy efficiency rebates being offered locally or nationally. Trane offers a $1000 rebate on the full system, and the unit also qualifies for the Energy Tax Credit. Check with your local Trane dealer for a more detailed quote, as well as all energy rebates the unit you need may qualify for.
Trane XL20i Owner Reviews
Owners, please write your reviews below...