Carriers Heating and Cooling flagship product, the Carrier Infinity System, is available in all of their popular HVAC system lines from split systems and package units. This review looks at the Carrier Infinity Heat Pump System, which includes the following HVAC system components:
- Infinity Heat Pump Condenser
- Infinity Variable Speed Air Handler
- Carrier Infinity Control System
- Infinity Air Cleaner
Infinity Heat Pump Condenser
Carrier Corporation has determined that the Infinity 19 heat pumps that achieve system combinations of 14.5 SEER, 8.2 HSPF and 12 EER or higher meet the ENERGY STAR guidelines for energy efficiency. Proper sizing and installation of equipment is critical to achieve optimal performance. Split system air conditioners and heat pumps must be matched with appropriate coil components to meet ENERGY STAR criteria. Ask your contractor for details or visit the ENERGY STAR web site.
- Efficiency: Up to 19 SEER/9 HSPF
Make sure you ask your Carrier Contractor for ARI Ratings certification on these units. Even though it is advertised at 19 SEER, that is only possible with very unique and rare matchups. In most cases, the Carrier Infinity will achieve 15-17 SEER
- Limited Warranty: 10-year parts limited warranty when properly registered. (Within 90 days of install) Otherwise you only get a 5 year warranty on parts. In addition, the warranty only remains with the original buyer or homeowner.
- Sound Level: As low as 69 dB
- Thermostat Controls Supported: Infinity Control
- Diagnostics: Infinity 18-point Technology
- Refrigerant: Puron® refrigerant (R410A)
- Compressor: 2-Stage scroll
- Heating Capacity (Btuh) 24,000 - 60,000
- Cooling Capacity (tons) 2 - 5
- WeatherArmor Ultra
- Galvanized steel
- Powder-coated paint, baked-on complete coverage
- Steel louver coil guard
Infinity Variable Speed Air Handler
The Infinity series air handlers, or Fan Coils, are designed to be the best match for all infinity systems. They feature onboard diagnostics that work in conjunction with the Infinity Control system, and have a unique variable speed blower, designed to provide the highest comfort in your home.
- Limited Warranty: 10-year parts limited warranty when properly registered
- 10-year parts limited warranty on optional tin plated coil
- 5-year parts limited warranty on copper coil
- Cooling Capacity (BTUH) 18,000 - 60,000
- Controls Supported: Infinity Control
- Smart diagnostics Technology
- Refrigerant: Puron refrigerant (R410A)
- Thermostatic Expansion Valve
- Washable filter
- High efficiency, variable speed blower
- Multipoise Installation (Horizontal or vertical)
- 20-gauge galvanized construction
- Baked on urethane base coat paint and polyester top coat
Infinity Control Thermostat
The Infinity Control Thermostat is one of the smartest controls on the market! Keep in mind however, that unless you have an infinity heating and cooling system, its useless! The build in sensors and diagnostic features of the heat pump and air handler, will only communicate with an Infinity controller.
- Limited Warranty: 10-year parts limited warranty when properly registered (Within 90 days)
- As an ENERGY STAR partner, Carrier Corporation has determined that the Infinity™ Control meets the ENERGY STAR guidelines for energy efficiency.
- Ideal Humidity System
- Clean filter, maintenance, IAQ reminders on the thermostat
- Supports up to 8 separate zones
- Programmable: 7-day, 2-4 periods/day
- Remote access optional
- Battery-free power supply
- Aesthetics Backlit LCD Display
Carrier Infinity Review Summary
Truthfully, having worked around Carrier products for quite some time, they do make one of the nicest and smartest units on the market! All said however, you will be hard pressed to find a Carrier Infinity Heat Pump System that meets the 19 SEER they advertise, and you must be sure to ask your carrier contractor for an ARI rating sheet.
The comfort you get from Carrier Infinity is matched only by the upper end of systems with any other manufacturer, but with that in mind, there is a premium for that comfort!
Carrier Infinity Heat Pump System Cost
[adsenseone]The installed cost of an Infinity system will vary widely due to the different nature of every installation. However, you can reasonably expect to pay 2-2.5 times the cost of a standard system install. In other words, if you got a quote for $6000 for a 13 seer system, you can expect an Infinity system to go in the $12,000 range or higher. The equipment itself cost twice as much in most cases, and the Contractors will pass that, along with the added level of technology they have been trained on, to the buyer.
Please Leave your Own Carrier Infinity Reviews below. Within your review, let others know the area you live, (Texas, California, North Carolina, etc) the size of your system, and the ballpark cost you paid to have it installed.